CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Jakes's T-Shirt Quilt

Last weekend my sister-in-law came over so we could make my nephew a t-shirt quilt for his graduation.  Shhhh it's a secret, I think I'm safe, I'm sure he doesn't even know I have a blog. :)  It turned out really cool!  A couple of the shirts are quite worn but hopefully will remind him of great high school days!  We used non woven interfacing on the t-shirts to help them hold their shape and cut the t-shirts into 14 inch squares and used 3 1/2 inch stripes for the sashing.  Here's a picture of the almost finished quilt, my sister-in-law just needs to tie it.  I'm pretty sure I'll be making one for each of my kids, I still can't believe I'll have a high schooler next year!!!  Time to start saving some t-shirts!

3 comments:

girlia

I love it. This is one way to preserve memories. Great job

Sandy O

Hi Heather, you won one of my blog candies :o) You can see it under my post today. Could you email me your information so I can get it out to you? Congratulations!!! hugs

papertransformer.com
paulssandy@papertransformer.com

my crafting creations

very nice. I'm sure he will love it.

Post a Comment